Thursday, May 28, 2009

4 more days!

There are exactly four more days of school for me. I am so excited to be able to help with Jenna's Super Games and end of the year class party! Having missed much of her (& Grant's for that matter) activities at school this year, I am looking forward to being "mom" for Jenna as she ends her 3rd grade year. I have like NO pictures from this school year for either kids. Sad.

Things are winding down at school and I'm ready. Ready for a new path. Ready to embrace summer and spend time doing things that have never gotten crossed off the "to do" list. We will be spending time at the local pool, the Zoo, and the park directly across the street in our neighborhood. Summer means sleeping in a tad bit more, cookouts, Handels ice cream, sleepovers, quality time with family & friends and just the gentle flow of life in general. Both kids are playing ball-Jenna is playing fast pitch for the first year while Grant is in his last year of T-ball. I'm still debating about swim lessons...I hate to be so committed every day. I question whether or not Grant will even absorb the lessons and be able to put the skills into practice. He's just so darn cute and impulsive.

Yesterday I sat in on a meeting where the parents were concerned that their child is being teased relentlessly and wanted all the teachers, principal, and counselor to come up with a plan to help him. After 45 minutes of just "blah blah blah blah blah" I finally asked, "is there a way that all of us can put a plan in action for him to escape when he's getting teased and about to explode-a safe place for him to go to to cool down and regroup?" It's frustrating to sit and talk around an issue and not solve the problem...I will not miss an environment where people truly don't "get it". My experience has forever altered my view on education in the private sector. Not impressed-I really am beginning to see the REAL deal here and am glad that Grant will be at Jenna's school next year. It is a school's responsibility to protect kids-no matter what. Enough said!

I have fallen off the wagon of the "get in shape for your 20 year reunion". I really need help. Why don't I jump out of bed at 5:30 and run for 3o minutes? I need Jillian Michaels for 2 months. Why hasn't NBC thought of hosting a "I just need to get in shape and lose 30 pounds"? Some of us struggle even though we don't need to lose 100 pounds. Oh well. Another decade maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment