Thursday, May 14, 2009

anxious heart

Today is a miserably dreary day here in central Ohio. We've had enough rain! This morning I woke up after a good night's sleep (8 hours, which is a lot for me) and I just felt "off". Have you ever felt this way? I can't put my finger on it. It's almost the weekend, we're off to see the circus tonight, we have plans for a fun weekend...why am I so anxious? School ending is emotional for most teachers. We spend 50 + hours with our students, get to know their families and invest ourselves in these kids' lives and it is hard to say goodbye. I am not returning to the school where I have been the past two years. Once again, I find myself searching for a job where I will be happy and for gosh sakes, STAY for awhile!

My heart is heavy today. Maybe because of the rain? Maybe because of my uncertain future? Whatever it is, I pray that it goes away and that I can have hope for what lies ahead. Tomorrow is Friday and it's Grandparents Day at school so all the grandparents will be here visiting. Mom and Dad are coming to spend the morning with Grant, which is wonderful. I am really going to miss my friends here and although everyone says, "we'll still see each other"...that rarely happens.

Anxiousness: worrying or painful apprehensive uneasiness of mind; an overwhelming fear

Maybe if I tackle this with prayer, it will go away? I'll see.

P.S. Oh, I have a big announcement coming soon (and no, I'm not pregnant).

No comments:

Post a Comment