Friday, July 17, 2009

Hello again, hello...


It's almost been a month since I last posted. My oh my! We've had our dear friends from GA visit (see pictures) and took them to see the new baby elephant Beco at the Columbus Zoo. Then I had a weekend away with my Southern YA YA girls (so relaxing!) and also have been running around with the kids to softball and T-ball games! I was invited to take a class with some of the teachers from my new building and so I have enjoyed going to these classes and meeting some fantastic teachers! I've spent some time in my new classroom getting everything organized and ready to go. I can't wait to meet my students! I met one on the playground outside my classroom door and that was really neat.









We leave for Hershey PA in 2 days. (The chocolate capital of the world- YES!!!)We're staying with some dear friends that we have known for 10 years. They were our neighbors in Akron before Grant was born and are special to our family. It's not often that couples & kids connect in a way that a lasting relationship is formed! (You know, usually the ladies are friends; the men tolerate each other and the kids aren't compatible) Sound familiar? These friends have seen us through our move to Columbus, the starting & ending of the practice, the birth of our baby boy & even all the job/housing changes that have come our way. We were thrilled when they moved to Columbus a year after we did. We now live 25 minutes away and see each other often. They are a huge blessing to our family. Our kids literally are all 1 year apart. Jenna is 9, Sam in 8, Lilly is 7, Grant is 6 and Charlie is 5. We joke that if Jenna & Sam don't marry, then maybe Grant & Lilly will!

Here are some pictures to catch everyone up on what's new around the Shearer home. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment