Monday, June 22, 2009

Fabulous Fathers

I know it's Marvelous Monday...and so I'm thinking that I'll share the marvelous dads that are in my earthly life.

Yesterday our family spent time with both DH's family and mine. We played a family game of softball at the in-laws and an intense game of corn hole with my family. Since DH (dear husband)spends two hours a day travelng to his office, I offered to drive the entire trip. As I drove I recalled special times that I spent with my dad growing up, the love & support that he gave not only me, but my three sisters as well. The sacrifices, wisdom, time and encouragement were such an example of a father's love for his children. I was blessed to have been raised in a fairly strict religious home where expectatons were high, the laughs many, and the emphasis was on doing things well. My father had a temper; however, he loved us well.

As I watch my DH with our two kids, I see the bond that he has developed with both of them. The time (often not as much as he would like) he spends is quality time. The protection he provides. The help he gives them in sports and the quiet prayers he says with them at night....it all makes my heart melt. I married one hell of a guy. He's an incredible father. I love him more each day. I'm grateful for marrying fabulous father to our children. I only wish every family on earth knew that despite their relationship with their earthly father, their heavenly father loves them and is there for them.

Happy Father's Day dad & DH. You are loved.

P.S. Hey, I forgot to tell you that my new teammates at school are AMAZING! We are off to a fabulous start and when they were all over last Thursday for lunch, we laughed our heads off. It's going to be a marvelous school year! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment