Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer's End...

Well, it's almost over. In exactly one week school will officially begin. In some ways I am SO ready to begin the structured routine that I enjoy. In other ways it is sad to think that there will be no more lazy days to sleep in and cuddle with the kids and Duke, while we ease into the days and spend quality time with my family and friends. This time of year is truly bittersweet for teachers!

Today was our district's orientation for new staff. I am soo impressed with my employer. Every single person that spoke today was sincerely wonderful & supportive. This is a great district to work for and our family is super blessed to live here and send Jenna and Grant to school here. I'm feeling very grateful for where we've landed and where I will finish out my teaching career. I began a public school teacher and belong here for good. This is home for me. Finally.

The kids are with grandma this week. I'm so glad. This is a rough mentally challenging week for me because I am trying to get my classroom set up and organized and also figure out where I'm going curriculum wise. My head is spinning and I literally come home each day after 12 hours of working and sit in my comfy chair and pass out. The kids are enjoying the country and their cousin for a week and I'm grateful.

Jenna returned safely from Chicago on Saturday and she had the best time at the American Girl Store. What a blessing to have time with her Nana one-on-one. Rare! She was so cute about sharing every detail that she experienced and the excitement in her eyes as she told us about her trip was so precious. I think Santa will have to see about another new doll for Kirsten to play with...

Apparently today Grant had a meltdown (probably not getting his way) and as he packed his bag to come home grandma asked him how he felt about walking all the way back to Columbus. He turned to her and said, "I'm calling a taxi"! Hilarious. He is so funny!

Scott and I are celebrating our 16th anniversary on Friday. Amazing. We've survived! God is good. Marriage is hard. Love conquers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment