Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy gentler New Year

Well, 2010 is here and I'm so excited for a new decade. My firstborn will turn 10 in just a few weeks and Scott and I will celebrate our 17 th anniversary this summer. Incredible how time flies! This year is going to be filled with many more smiles, exercise, more meaningful family time, lots of good books, pictures that actually make it to the scrapbook, and also less drama & much more gentleness. I think we as a nation, as churches, as teachers, parents, adult children, friends and humans need to be more gentler with each other and also ourselves. In our world filled with unrealistic expectations, high standards, impatient demands and waning morals, my wish for this new year is for people to come together and just be gracious, kind, loving and helpful to one another. There is so much pain and sadness-even in our own circles-that my prayer is that this year we all speak up for each other and help those in need.

Encourage people around us-neighbors, co-workers, family & friends.
Help a soul who is struggling.
Love those that are hard to love.
Reach out to a lost friend or family member.
Keep our word.
Pray to our higher power each day.
Practice random acts of kindness.

We all can do small things that together
make a BIG difference.

What do you think? I think I need to commit to these and live this year more aware than ever of how I treat others and what I do to reach out to others. Make this year less about ME and more about everyone else.
How will 2010 be different for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment