Sunday, January 24, 2010

love,love,love

Today in church we heard the reasons that we are called to love everyone. People that are like us, people that are unlike us, and even the people that hurt us. We all have experienced hurt. Some more than others; however, what we do with our ability to forgive and love again is a huge responsibility that we have to those around us. We are called by God to love everyone. Not just the people that are easy to love...everyone. I really struggle with this concept. How do you love those who have gotten under your skin and then made your life so difficult that you go crazy from the pain?

In order to have the love of God in our hearts, we all must love like God. Unconditionally. Passionately. Cheerfully. I felt so convicted today in church that all I could think of was writing a note to a certain somebody and communicate love and forgiveness. The thought of this scares me to death! I haven't yet and am not sure if I really will. But have you ever been somewhere and your whole body gives you the sensation that you need to speak up or move away or stand up for what you believe? My mother calls it a conscience. All I know is that I could feel God's prickling my heart during the sermon this morning. Love. Love like God.

Something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment